BMS E Chassis N54/N55 BMW Transmission Oil Cooler
SKU: Transmission Cooler 135 ***WITH THERMOSTAT***
BMS E Chassis N54/N55 BMW Transmission Cooler
Everyone knows that heat is the enemy of your automatic transmission. And everyone knows that higher power levels generate more transmission fluid heat. Now you can extend the life of your automatic transmission by installing the new Burger Motorsports High Capacity Trans Cooler kit. This unique plug and play kit replaces your factory coolant to trans fluid heat exchanger with a high-capacity fender-mounted air to trans fluid radiator. Includes all mounting hardware, lines, and coolant caps required for installation. Installs inside the driverside fender providing ample airflow over the large cooling core via existing openings. The result is dramatically reduced transmission temperature and extended transmission life. This kit is strongly suggested for any BMW E chassis automatic running larger than factory turbos.
Optional Transmission 165ºF (74ºC) Oil Cooler Thermostat (Recommended)
The thermostat maintains the oil exiting the transmission at the rated minimum temperature in most conditions. Without a thermostat, the transmission fluid coolers are likely to over-cool the fluid, delaying transmission warm-up and performing the critical function of bypassing the cooler until the oil has reached its minimum operating temperature.
FEATURES AND BENEFITS
• Dissipates excess transmission fluid heat
• Reduces transmission fluid temperature
• Increases transmission life when racing
• Increases transmission oil capacity
N54/N55/M57 Vehicle Fitment
BMW 1 Series
• 2008-2013 E81 E82 E87 Coupe and Hatchback 135i
• 2008-2013 E88 Convertible 135i
BMW 3 Series
• 2006-2011 E90 Sedan 335i/335ix
• 2006-2013 E90 E91 Sedan/Touring 335d (M57 diesel)
• 2006-2011 E91 Touring 335i/335ix
• 2011-2013 E92 Coupe 335is
• 2007-2013 E92 Coupe 335i/335ix
• 2006-2013 E93 Convertible 335i/335ix
Compatible with both RHD and LHD vehicles.
Not compatible with manual transmissions.