BMS Oil Catch Can for S55 BMW M2C/M3/M4
SKU: S55 OCC
Keep oil out of your S55 intake manifold without having to modify the factory PCV lines!
It's no secret that S55 BMW turbo motors can suffer from oil control problems causing oil to blow through and coat the intercooler and charge piping, gunking up intake valves and the VANOS system, lowering the effective octane, and generally degrading engine performance. The higher your boost levels the more apparent these problems become.
The solution to this problem has finally arrived. The BMS oil catch can. While there are other catch cans on the market they all fall short in various areas. Some are mounted on the hot/turbo side of the motor preventing proper vapor condensation. Others utilize hoses that are too small and runs that are too long to allow proper PCV ventilation causing internal motor/ring sealing issues. Some have insufficient or no internal baffle system while others have internal baffles systems that are too restrictive. Some even bypass the PCV system altogether venting crankcase gas and odor into the atmosphere. Most are simply repackaged oil catch cans from smaller / lower power motors shoehorned into place in the turbo BMW engine bay.
To solve these problems BMS designed their oil catch can kit from the ground up specifically for the turbo BMW application. It features 100% CNC machining with zero welding for a precision fit and long life. The can itself is guaranteed for the life of the vehicle. The hoses exceed the OEM PCV piping in diameter and that flow rate is maintained throughout the entire oil catch can ensuring no excessive crankcase pressure buildup. The BMS OCC retains the factory's fully closed loop PCV operation preventing any PCV vapor from leaking into the atmosphere. The mounting locations are selected to minimize the line length, allow more efficient operation, and retain a stealth look. Install takes around 20 minutes, includes all required hardware, and unlike other S55 OCC kits is easily reversible. Simply unscrew the base of the can or use the drain plug to safely dispose of captured oil with the rest of your used motor oil during oil changes. Made in the USA.
Features & Benefits
• Increases Air Intake Efficiency
• Promotes Engine Longevity
• Non-Clogging Air/Oil Separation Double Baffle
• Free Flow Solid No Restriction Design
• Retains factory fully closed loop PCV operation
• Large Intake/Outlet No Tapering Down
• Stealth Mounting
• Anodized black billet aluminum
• Made in the USA & Guaranteed for Life
BMW M2 Competition
• 2019-2021 S55 F87 M2 Competition with S55 engine
• 2015-2020 S55 F80 M3
• 2015-2020 S55 F82 F83 M4
• Simply unscrew the base every 3-6 months to empty or use the 1/8th NPT drain plug.
• High flow to eliminate crankcase pressure caused by more restrictive designs
• Large 16mm+ inlet and outlet exceeds OEM PCV sizing
• Precision CNC Machined from Solid Blocks of High Grade Aluminum
Can dimensions with lid: 4.4" (111mm) Tall
Can Diameter: 2.7" (68.5mm)
Lid Length: Back to nozzle end: 4" (101mm)
Nozzle Outer Diameter: .75" (19.2mm)
Nozzle Inner Diameter: 0.669" (17mm)
Can Capacity: 2.5 oz (74 ml)