Kia / Hyundai Turbo JB4 Performance Tuner
SKU: KIA Stinger JB4
Power gains of up to 100hp and 100tq to the wheels on a stock vehicle
The JB4 is a plug and play Kia / Hyundai tuner that plugs into easy to access sensors in the engine bay and works with your factory ECU tuning to remap your boost, timing, and fueling for optimal performance and reduced turbo lag. It features a 64mhz processor allowing sensors to be sampled 800 times per second using dedicated 10 bit digital to analog converters, ensuring smooth and powerful performance. It's able to auto-detect between 3.3L, 2L, and 1.6L turbo engines automatically allowing for simple plug and play installation across the entire Kia / Hyundai turbocharged lineup!
Unlike other tuning systems the JB4 includes a fully programmable CANbus system, upgradable firmware, and data logging capability. CANbus allows the JB4 to take in to account pedal input, throttle position, gear, engine speed, air/fuel ratio, fuel trims, ignition advance, knock, and many other factors and incorporate those into the performance mapping. It can also read/delete fault codes, includes unique safety features such as keeping boost pressure low until oil and water is up to temperature to provide proper engine and turbo lucubration and drop to a low boost map if the engine starts to overheat, run lean, excessively knock, or over boost.
The JB4 offers a lot more performance, functionality, and safety than your average performance chip.
The default JB4 map1 runs 4psi over stock peak and tuned maps including stock and valet mode can be selected on the fly using a BMS diagnostics cable or JB4 mobile smartphone adapter.
Installation is very discrete and it quickly removes without a trace when needed. Includes maps for 91 octane, 93 octane, and E85 (ethanol fuel) mixtures. Fuel economy during normal driving is unchanged. Compatible with all driving modes. Made in USA. 5 year warranty.
It's well documented the Kia and Hyundai platforms are prone to spark blow out at both stock and higher than stock boost levels. At a minimum, the factory spark plug gap should be closed to 0.026". Alternatively, replacement spark plugs can be used that offer a stronger spark and are more reliable than stock. Click here for the suggested spark plugs and spark plug gapping tool.
Wirelessly connect the JB4 to your Bluetooth 4.0 compatible iOS and Android device via the JB4 Mobile connect kit, or to your Windows laptop with the BMS data cable. Both options allow you to record and analyze vehicle and tuning data, change JB4 performance maps, and update JB4 firmware as we release free newer versions with updates, more powerful maps, and new features under development. Separate JB4 Mobile app purchase also required.
Now includes the BMS billet all weather enclosure and fuel control
Join the Kia Stinger JB4 discussion here and see the Kia Stingers tuning potential: http://www.n54tech.com/forums/showthread.php?t=52020
Kia / Hyundai JB4 Features and Benefits
• Power gains of up to 100hp and 100tq to the wheels on a stock vehicle
• Improves 0-60 times and 1/4 mile times
• The JB4 offers a lot more performance, functionality, and safety than your average performance chip
• Quick Plug & Play Installation
• Includes the rugged JB4 billet aluminum enclosure for protection
• CANbus OBDII integration offering unrivaled tuning features and performance
• Improved performance over non-integrated chip tunes
• Runs as smoothly as stock, this is how your vehicle should have come from the factory
• Compatible with all driving modes
• Fuel economy unchanged during normal driving
• Compatible with JB4 Mobile for smartphone logging, tuning changes, and adjustment
• 91 octane fuel or better required for performance gains
• Ethanol (E85) compatible tuning maps
• Able to read/delete fault codes
• Not VIN locked and can be removed without a trace and resold down the road
• Made in the USA
• Free USA Shipping
• 5 year warranty
Compatible with all Kia and Hyundai turbo equipped engines including:
• 2018+ KIA Stinger 2.0t, GT, GT1, GT2 3.3t
• 2011+ KIA Optima 2.0t
• 2016+ KIA Forte 1.6t
• 2014+ KIA Soul 1.6t
• 2016+ KIA Sorento 2.0t
• 2016+ KIA Sportage 2.0t
• 2018+ Genesis G70/G80 2.0t, 3.3t
• 2012+ Hyundai Veloster 1.6t, 2.0t including Veloster N
• 2010-2016 Hyundai Genesis Coupe 2.0t
• 2011+ Hyundai Sonata 1.6t, 2.0t, 2.4t
• 2019+ Hyundai Santa Fe 2.0t, 2.4t
• 2016+ Hyundai Tucson 1.6t, 2.0t
• 2017+ Hyundai Elantra 1.6t, 2.0t
JB4 is compatible across the entire Kia/Hyundai turbocharged lineup!
What is a JB4? The JB4 is a plug and play tune available for turbocharged vehicles. The JB4 tuner installs between your cars sensors and it's DME/ECU (computer) and manipulates vehicle performance through these connections making your vehicle much faster. While it's not the only tuning system that operates this way the JB4 separates itself from the competition with much more advanced connection points and processing including CANbus, fuel & spark control, bluetooth to your smartphone, and a variety of innovative and advanced features not possible with any other system. BMS regularly publishes free mapping and firmware updates adding performance and features as ongoing development allows. In addition, the JB4 system is not VIN locked to your vehicle and can quickly removed and swapped between cars or resold at a later time. Often imitated but never duplicated the JB4 has been the gold standard in plug and play turbocharged performance tuning for over a decade.
2018 Stinger, pump gas, BMS intake, BMS WMI (water/meth) kit
Stock vs. map5
Stock vs. JB4 maps basic install
Stock vs. JB4 with fuel control active
BMS Intake, 91 octane, JB4 Map2
BMS Intake, 30% E85, JB4 Kia Stinger Tune Map3
BMS Intake, 30% E85, JB4 Map5
JB4 install on the Hyundai Veloster