Fuel-It BMW E Chassis Walbro Stage 2 LPFP DIY Upgrade (YOU MUST SEND YOUR PUMP IN)
NOTE: This upgrade requires you to send your stock pump in to be upgraded!
For those of you looking to upgrade your pump assembly but want to save a little money, the DIY option may be for you!
If your current Low Pressure Fuel Pump (LPFP) is struggling to keep up, is old and tired, or you need an E85 compatible pump, you can now send your stock pump assembly in to be upgraded!
What’s included when I send my stock pump in to be upgraded?
• New Walbro filter
• Spare vent tube clip
• A new E85 compatible Walbro pump
• Custom fitting to optimize the venturi and pump output
• Choice of Walbro 450 (F90000274) or Walbro 525 (F90000285) pump
Instructions for sending your pump in to be upgraded!
- Place your order and print out your confirmation email
- Remove your pump assembly from the vehicle
- Remove the float and tophat from the assembly, DO NOT SEND them in as you will not get them back!
- Reinstall just the tophat to seal up the tank
- Rinse out your bucket assembly to remove all gas smells
- Carefully package your pump assembly so it does not get damaged during shipping. We are not responsible for damaged pumps we receive and we can only upgrade completely stock and undamaged pump assemblies.
- Put a copy of your order in the box
- Send to the following address:
12087 W Hiddenlake St.
Order # (include your order # here)
Star, ID 83669
Note: You must include your order # on the box!
Q: How much fuel does a stage 2 flow?
A: Our stage 2 pump flows approximately 100% more than stock
Q: How much more does the Walbro 525 flow than the Walbro 450?
A: Approximately 10%
Q: What kinds of fuels can I run with the upgraded pump?
A: Our upgrade is compatible with pump gas, race gas, and E85.
Q: Does the upgraded pump pull more current than stock?
A: Yes, upgraded pumps pull more current, so if your EKP (LPFP control module) is weak, it may overheat causing it to shut down and need to be replaced. If this is a concern for you checkout our FI-650HP fuel pump upgrade kits that retain the stock LPFP and add a secondary pump.
Q: Do I have to send my pump in first or can you send me an upgraded pump and I’ll return my stock pump after I swap them out?
A: Unfortunately, we don’t offer that option. If you are unable to send your stock pump in to be upgraded, we’d recommend purchasing our standard Stage 2 upgrade. Here is the link for that.
Q: Are there any recommended accessories?
A: Yes, the lock ring for the pump assembly can be difficult to remove so we recommend ordering our lock ring tool to remove your pump assembly. Here’s the link for that.
Q: How much power will the 450 pump support?
A: That varies based on a variety of things such as actual power, fuel type, AFR’s, etc. Generally speaking, the 450 will support approximately 500whp on E85 or 550-600whp on pump or race gas. The 525 pump upgrade will support approximately 10% more than the 450 pump will.
Q: What vehicles are compatible with this upgrade?
BMW 1 Series
1' E88 (11/2006 — 10/2013)
1' E82 (11/2006 — 10/2013)
BMW 3 Series
3' E90 (02/2004 — 09/2008)
3' E90 LCI (07/2007 — 12/2011)
3' E91 (02/2004 — 08/2008)
3' E91 LCI (07/2007 — 05/2012)
3' E92 (05/2005 — 02/2010)
3' E92 LCI (11/2008 — 06/2013)
3' E93 (09/2005 — 02/2010)
3' E93 LCI (11/2008 — 10/2013)
BMW X Series
X1 E84 (04/2009 — 06/2015)
Q: My vehicle isn’t listed, can you do a custom upgrade for me?
A: Check our other listings, your vehicle may be listed in one of those.